Home / Resources
- Journal of Biomedical Optics: ISSN: 1083-3668. Published by the International Society for Optical Engineering. JBO is intended to be the repository for peer-reviewed papers that utilize modern optical technology for improved health care and biomedical research.
- Applied Optics: ISSN: 0003-6935. Published by the Optical Society of America monthly. The Optical Technology and Biomedical Optics division of Applied Optics covers Biomedical Optics related topics.
- Optical Express: ISSN: 1094-4087. All-electronic journal of optics. Published by Optical Society of America bi-weekly. Optics Express offers rapid publication of original, peer-reviewed articles in all fields of optical science and technology.
- Physics in Medicine and Biology: ISSN: 0031-9155. Published by the Institute of Physics monthly. PMB covers topics related with the applications of theoretical and practical physics to medicine, physiology and biology.
- Optics Letters: ISSN: 0146-9592. Published by the Optical Society of America twice a month. Optics Letters, the world's leading optical science journal, covers the latest discoveries in all areas of optical science.
- Optical Society of America (OSA): Founded in 1916, the Optical Society of America (OSA) was organized to increase and diffuse the knowledge of optics, pure and applied; to promote the common interests of investigators of optical problems, of designers and of users of optical apparatus of all kinds; and to encourage cooperation among them. The purposes of the Society are scientific, technical and educational.
- The International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE): A non-profit professional society dedicated to advancing research, engineering, and applications in optics, photonics, imaging, and electronics. IBOS - International Biomedical Optics Society is a technical group within SPIE.
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES): In response to a manifest need to provide a society that gave equal status to representatives of both biomedical and engineering interests, the Biomedical Engineering Society was incorporated in Illinois on February 1, 1968. As stated in the Articles of Incorporation, the purpose of the Society is: "To promote the increase of biomedical engineering knowledge and its utilization."
- Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society of the IEEE (EMBS): The field of interest of the Society is the application of the concepts and methods of the physical and engineering sciences in biology and medicine. This covers a very broad spectrum ranging from formalized mathematical theory through experimental science and technological development to practical clinical applications. It includes support of scientific, technological, and educational activities.
- ISI Web of Science: Published by Institute of Scientific Information (ISI), the ISI Web of Science is a unique multidisciplinary database that provides web access to current and retrospective journal literature. The database now provides access to over a half century of the world's most important scholarly literature.
- PubMed: PubMed is the National Library of Medicine's search service that provides access to over 11 million citations in MEDLINE, PreMEDLINE, and other related databases, with links to participating online journals.
- Ingenta (Formerly CARL UnCover): Since acquiring UnCover in 2000, ingenta has been working to integrate the two databases in order to provide a more comprehensive and easy-to-use service. The integrated service offers free searching and browsing of more than 25,000 publications with 11,000 titles.
- US Patent and Trademark Office: Free web access to bibliographic and full-text patent databases since 1/1/1976.
- IBM Patent Server: Free access to a wide variety of data collections and patent information including US patents, European patents, Patent Abstracts of Japan.
Links to Wikipedia
- Monte Carlo Method for Photon Transport
- Photoacoustic Imaging in Biomedicine
- Radiative Transfer Equation and Diffusion Theory for Photon Transport in Biological Tissue
- Photoacoustic Doppler Effect
- Hybrid Theory for Photon Transport in Tissue
- Convolution for Optical Broad-beam Responses in Scattering Media
- Optical Window in Biological Tissue
Other Useful Sites
- Optical Absorption Spectra: This website provides the optical absorption spectra for several biological tissues and molecules.
- OmegaWebtechnical Reference: A very useful website provided by OMEGA, containing lots of very useful technical references, FAQ, tutorials on various technical fields related to temperature, pressure, force, data acquisition, and so on.
- Numerical Recipes: This website provides the complete Numerical Recipes books in C, Fortran 77, and Fortran 90 On-Line, in Adobe Acrobat format.
- Google "Caltech optical imaging laboratories" for more information.
- California Insitute of Technology EH&S Department for environmental health & safety information.
- Optical Coherence Tomography News: This website provides the latest news in the field of Optical Coherence Tomography.